New Life Center
* Founded February 1st, 1907 by Rev. O.E. McCracken as the Glad Tidings Mission. The location was 124 Front Street, the original town-site of Fargo, North Dakota. The mission was a small room that seated less than 50 people. The Glad Tidings Mission was incorporated in 1909
* The mission purchased property at 116 Front Street in 1912 and on April 1, 1914, the first brick and concrete building in the immediate area was constructed to house the new mission facilities.
* 1927 The Glad Tidings Mission became a charter member of the Community Welfare Association that would evolve to become the United Way of Cass Clay.
* 1928 this mission was re-incorporated as the Fargo Union Mission, Inc. which is still the legal name of the New Life Center.
* In 1950, Rev. Gary & Ruby Danielson became the successors to Rev. McCracken who retired effectively January 1, 1951.
* In 1967, Urban Renewal of Fargo gave notice to the mission that the organization had to vacate and construction began at 1902 3rd Avenue North in Fargo for a new facility.
* In September 1968, the new mission opened its doors to a 22,500 square foot facility that had a full basement and two upper floors. The new mission program would call itself the New Life Center.
* In 1984 Dan L. Danielson became only the third Executive Director in the history of the organization and serves at the present.
* The Fargo Union Mission, Inc./New Life Center celebrated it’s Centennial on February 1st, 2007 and continues it work today providing physical, material, emotional and spiritual assistance coupled with education and public awareness.